This term’s theme
This term the children will be focussing on the topic of bears. There will be a range of activities where the children can learn all about bears. These will include songs, games, creative activities and cooking. We will also be looking at some and traditional tales, acting them out ourselves and retelling the stories!
- Please can all children have spare clothes to put in a bag on their peg.
- Please name all jumpers, coats and drink bottles.
- Don’t forget your child can choose a book to go home with them every day. Please come and have a look at the selection.
This term physical health is our focus.
The children will be able to use a variety of resources in the outdoor area to advance their gross motor skills. They will further refine their fine motor skills through daily opportunities to work on scissor and pencil control and the effective handling of simple tools and equipment to shape, cut and construct malleable materials including play dough and clay. We will also be encouraging self-care through healthy eating, teeth brushing and PE lessons.
The children will be cooking next week and we would really appreciate your £1 donation so that we can start to purchase ingredients. Thank you
Work from home
We would love to make a display of the children’s work that they do at home! It would be great to see what they have been up to with you. This can also include photographs. Please name and date the work and hand to one of the Nursery Team.
- Count how many stairs there are in your house or in a friend’s house.
- Begin to look for signs of spring
- See how many different shapes you can name in your bedroom.
- Look through your lounge window and name all the colours you can see.
- Draw round your hand and that of others in your family. See who has the biggest or smallest, colour them in and cut them out.
We have now introduced ‘Marvellous Me”. Marvellous Me tells you about the wonderful things that your child is learning, and pings on your phone or tablet you when they’ve been praised for good work or a great character skill. It could be for doing some super tidying, listening well to teachers or playing nicely with friends. Please use the log in details provided to create an account!