This term’s theme
This term the children will be focussing on the topic of Animals. This term the children will learn about farm animals and animals that are kept as pets, and talk about their similarities and differences. They will find out which animals make good house pets and how to look after them.
- Please can all children have spare clothes to put in a bag on their peg.
- Please name all jumpers, coats and drink bottles.
- Don’t forget your child can choose a book to go home with them every day. Please come and have a look at the selection.
Show and Tell
This term we will be starting Show and Tell. Show and Tell will now be taking place every Thursday morning. We will choose three children (in advance) a week to show us something of their choice. Please help your child to choose an appropriate item that they can talk about to their friends.
The children will be cooking next week and we would really appreciate your £1 donation so that we can start to purchase ingredients. Thank you.
During your child’s learning at nursery they have been learning different sounds. We have been using a fun and interactive way to support children in learning how to read and write. Please continue to remind them and learn them at home. Parental influence really makes a difference!
If you need and guidance with phonics please do not hesitate to ask!
Youtube - Jolly phonics
- Ask your child to help you. For example, ask him to put his cup on the table or to bring you his shoe.
- Teach your child simple songs and nursery rhymes.
- Counting with them.
- Ask them what they have been up to during their day.
Mother’s day afternoon tea
On the 16th March 2018 Mums/ Grandma’s are invited to and afternoon tea at nursery with the children. We appreciate all the mums at nursery and would love to celebrate your special day with you.
This is also great opportunity for children to share some of their learning experiences with members of their family. The Nursery will be open until 9.30am where you can share a book, get involved with activities or just enjoy playing with your child in their favourite areas of provision. We know you are very busy and may not be able to stay for the full session but please do pop in for 5/10 minutes just to say hello.