This term our topic is all about Animals. In the first week we will be travelling back in time to the land of the dinosaurs to find out about creatures that used to roam our planet. The rest of the term we will be finding out about different groups of animals: Pets, farm, jungle and those living in the wild.
- Focussing on one of these texts per week: Dinosaur Roar
- Handa’s surprise
- Rumble in the jungle
- Farmer Duck
- Monkey Puzzle
- Mog and the Vet
- Reading non-fiction books about animals.
- Writing a fact file on dinosaurs
- Retelling and sequencing familiar stories
- Writing our own stories
- Talking about characters and settings
We will be using all areas of maths but particularly:
- 2D and 3D shapes
- Recognising numbers to 10 and beyond
- Ordering numbers
- Finding one more and one less.
- Ordering size
After the success of our Chinese New Year Day with Nursery the Nursery children will continue to visit Reception this term for story time and the Reception children will start to join Year 1 for a story as part of transition.
We will be inviting parents in t0 school to help the children make Easter bonnets ready for a fashion show at the end of term.
The children will be finding out about Easter through ‘Mary’s Story’. They will act out the story using small world characters, make Easter cards and crafts and think about new life as part of the topic on animals.