This Term’s Theme
Happy New Year and welcome back to Term 4.
This term the children will be continuing the topic of Traditional Tales.
We will be reading the books Goldilocks and the Three Bears, The Three Little Pigs, The Gingerbread Man and the Once Upon a Time.
We will also learn:
- how to count up to 20 objects
- how to find 1 more and 1 less
- how to add and subtract using numbers to 10.
- how to describe 2D & 3D shapes in our environment
- to talk about a shape’s properties.
- how to order objects by weight, size and height
- the value of coins
- about different types of bears, what they eat, where they live and what they look like
If your child has any books or toys they would like to bring in relating to these books we would love to see them.
Things To Do at Home
- Read lots of traditional tales from your bookshelf or the library.
- Continue to share your child’s home school reading book 3 times a week.
- Find out about different bears and where they live.
- Practise reading and writing numbers to 20.
- Practise reading and writing all letter sounds and digraphs learnt so far.
- Have a look at these websites to support your child’s learning:
- ICT Games
- Phonics Play
- Topmarks games
Thank you to all those parents who are adding comments to their child’s learning journey. We are also very pleased with things you have uploaded for us to see. It really helps us in understanding what your children can do.
- Don’t forget to bring your child’s water bottle and book bag to school every day.
- Make sure your child has a named PE kit in school.
- Please make sure all items of clothing are named.
- Don’t forget to sign up for Marvellous Me to see what your child has been doing in school.
- Outdoor Learning days are Hedgehogs on Tuesday and Squirrels on Fridays.