This Term’s Theme
Happy New Year and welcome back to Term 3.
Over the next two terms the children will be focussing on the topic of
This term we will be reading the books Jack and the Beanstalk, Little Red Riding Hood and The Elves and the Shoemaker.
We will also learn how:
- to count up to at least 10 objects
- to find 1 more and 1 less
- to find the total of 2 groups
- to describe 2D & 3D shapes in our environment
- to order objects by weight and height
- to pay for items using 1p & 2p coins.
We will also be learning how people celebrate Chinese New Year – the food, clothes, music, stories, decorations and stories.
Things To Do at Home
- Visit the library to find some Traditional Tales to read.
- Continue to share your child’s home school reading book 3 times a week.
- Draw a picture of your favourite character from a book to display in school.
- Continue to practise counting to at least twenty and recognising and writing all the sounds learnt so far.
- Have a look at this website. It may help you and your child with their maths work: www.crickweb.co.uk/Early-Years.html
Thank you to all parents who have uploaded and replied to observations on Tapestry. Please continue to add photos and comments about what your child has been doing with you at home. If you have not yet logged on please see a member of staff so a new link can be sent.
- Please make sure your child brings a water bottle and book bag to school every day.
- Make sure your child has a named PE kit in school.
- Please make sure all items of clothing are named, including hats and gloves.
- Hedgehogs have Outdoor Learning on a Tuesday and Squirrels on a Friday so please come dressed appropriately for the weather.