This Term’s Theme
This term the children will be continuing the topic of Animals.
We will be looking at their skin, how they move, how many legs they have, how they travel and their habitats. We will be going on a school trip to Drusillas in May to see what different animals look like.
Our main books that we are reading are Dinosaur Roar, We’re Going on a Bear Hunt, Rumble in the Jungle and What the Ladybird Heard.
We will also learn:
- To count beyond 20.
- To solve simple mathematical problems including doubling and halving.
- To learn properties of shapes.
- How to pay for items using 1p, 2p, 5p & 10p coins.
- To add and subtract.
Things To Do at Home
- Read stories with animals in them.
- Find out about animals and their habitats.
- Draw, paint or collage a picture of your favourite animal and write why you like it.
- Add together the legs of different animals, what was the total?
- Continue to use the Crickweb site to support your children with their maths. Continue to share your child’s home school reading book at least 3 times a week.
- Look at PhonicsPlay to support your children with their phonics. Phase 2 & 3 games.
Thank you to all those parents who are adding comments to their child’s learning journey. We are also very pleased with the things you have uploaded for us to see. It really helps us with understanding what your children can do.
- Don’t forget to bring your child’s water bottle and book bag to school every day.
- Make sure your child has a PE kit in school that is named.
- Please make sure all items of clothing are named.
- Make sure your child has their school jumper in school and a coat on cold days.
- Please remember to fill in your form about the school trip and pay via Parent Pay. Thank you